Monday, June 11, 2012

The Results of Our Garage Sale

We decided to have a garage sale to raise funds for our adoption.  Our church family blessed us with some fabulous donations.  As we were gathering items for the sale, Jamie announced to Aaron that he hoped we would raise $800 dollars.  Honestly, I thought that sounded a bit ambitious...  Prior to the sale Aaron prayed the sweetest prayer.  "Dear Lord, please help us to make hundreds, thousands, even millions of dollars!"  (I loved it because a few weeks ago we had worked on place value.  I said a quick "Thank You Lord" prayer that he had learned something from his not so great teacher!)

Here's what things looked like on TH morning:

We began pulling things out of the garage to sort and people began pulling in our drive way asking if we we're having a garage sale or just cleaning out our garage. (They must have thought we were hoarders!)  Our sale was not advertised to start until Friday.  Finally we had so many early shoppers that I told Jamie to put a sign out so I could stop repeating this:  "Yes, we are having a garage sale that starts tomorrow, but you can shop now."  

We posted this sign at our sale:



We sold the majority of items on Friday.  This is what things looked like at the start of Saturday:


I'm telling you this sale was of epic proportions! Several friends from church came to help organize, keep both of us sane, and organize some more.  We couldn't have managed with out these great helpers.  We are so, so very blessed.  Are you ready for the grand total?  It's more than I thought.  And it's more than Jamie thought.  It actually is double what Jamie had hoped for.
That's right we raised $1, 600 !!!!
Have you ever heard of a garage sale doing this well?  (I guess Aaron had!)

Thank you for the many who prayed for a successful sale :)  Thank you Lord for answering our prayers.  I stand completely amazed.


You are my God, and I will give you thanks;  you are my God, and I will exalt you. Psalm 118:28 



1 comment:

  1. Holy Cow! That's awesome! You did way better than we did. God funds what he favors!!! Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete