We received notice that we would have to submit a Psychological Exam as part of our adoption process. (The requirements in international adoption can change quickly.) Oh the labor pains on this one :) So we made appointments to have our heads examined. We got our #2 pencils and began a 567 question test. Yes, you read that correctly 567 questions to figure out if we are crazy! I felt not so ebullient by the time I was finished (and a little crazy, ha). But good news, we passed! After I received my letter of clearance, I just had to laugh at one comment that was used among other comments such as: made eye contact, no evidence of thought disorder, no mental health concerns, etc.
(A shout out to my 'quality' breakfast friends!)
On another note, March is a referral month. So we should be getting our new number very soon. We are currently number 11 and should be down to single digits very soon. Our program averages between 3-6 children referred to families every 3 months. However, for some reason, last referral month didn't have any children :( If the numbers in the coming months are large, we will learn who our daughter is in September.
Thanks for following our journey to give our daughter her forever home!
So comforting to know you guys are sane!..lol. Praying for that new number! and perfect timing for all! So exciting!
ReplyDeletePam